08 September, 2008

My So-Called Former Idol has Lost It

Apparently Madonna's new Sticky & Sweet tour opens with a bit comparing John MccCin to Hitler and Barack Obama to John Lennon. Seriously? The man was a POW for 5 years for Christ sake. I hardly think that's worthy of being compared to Hitler regardless of whether you like the guy or not.

Today, she paid tribute to Pope Benedict at her concert in Rome. If I had to guess, I'd say that he was likely unflattered by the dedication.

What the hell is wrong with her? Has she done one too many downward dog poses? Is her Kabbalah string tied too tightly?

I am personally overwhelmed by the plethora of celebrities and wannabe-celebrities spouting off their political views about what a retard George Dubya is. Yes, I'm from Texas, so I have a slight affection for the guy, but I can still admit when we've made a mistake. And we have - big time. Still, though, I think it's a travesty that idiot Englishmen who've been in rehab for sex addiction and who showed up at work the day after 9/11 in an Osama Bin Laden costume can call the leader of the free world a "retarded cowboy" and not get even a little flak.

What are you gonna do, though? I'll still be shelling out my $250 for a nose-bleed ticket to Madonna's concert. Go ahead - call me a sell out. I won't disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment